Monday, June 9, 2014

The Lukewarm Church in Laodicea (Revelation 3:14-22)





                                                      The Lukewarm Church in Laodicea
(Revelation 3:14-22)
I. The Characteristics of Christ to the Lukewarm Church(v.14) [mentioned twice in Colossians/Paul intensely
A.    The Amen                                                                     concerned 2:1/important commercial center] 
B.     The Faithful and True Witness                                          [eye-salve/black wool/banking center
C.     The Beginning [Source] of the Creation of God                destroyed earthquake A.D.17 devastated   .                                                                                                     
II. The Condemnation of Christ to the Lukewarm Church (v.15-17)
A.    I know thy works
B.     Thou art[present act ind] neither hot or cold…lukewarm. I would that thou were[imperfect ind]
C.     Thou art[“] wretched
D.    Thou art [“]miserable
E.     Thou art[“] poor
F.      Thou art[“] blind
G.    Thou art[“] naked
III. The Complacency of the Lukewarm Church (v.17)
A.    I am rich-w/capital ‘R’[I am = present act. ind.]
B.     I am increased[perfect act. ind.] with goods-enriched/abundantly wealthy
C.     I have[present act. ind.] need of nothing
IV. The Counsel[present act. ind] of Christ to the Lukewarm Church (v.18,19)
A.    Buy[aorist act inf] of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou may be rich
B.     Buy[“] of Me white raiment, that thou may be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedn’s do not appear
C.     Anoint[aorist act inf] thine eyes with eye-salve, that thou may see
D.    Be zealous [aorist active impv.] Hot, enthusiastic, fanatic
E.     Repent [aorist active impv.]Change of mind by the Spirit resulting in change of direction/actions
V. The Call of Christ to the Lukewarm Church (v.20)
A.    Behold, I stand [perfect act. ind.] at the door and knock [present act. ind]
B.     I will come in to him-fellowship accepted
C.     I will sup with him-fellowship given
VI. The Conclusion/Challenge of Christ to the Lukewarm Church (v.21, 22)
A.    To him that overcomes [present act. ptcp] will I grant to sit with Me in My throne…
B.     He that hath an ear let him hear[aorist act. impv.] what the Spirit saith [pres act ind] to the churches.


Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org  I-85 Exit 35 SC   McPilot    Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment