Monday, June 9, 2014

The Living Church in Philadelphia (Revelation 3:7-13)



The Living Church in Philadelphia
(Revelation 3:7-13)
I. The Characteristics of Christ to the Living Church [Philadelphia] (v.7) [Roman emperor worship/last city to
A.    He that is Holy(Holy One/Israel)                                                       [fall to Muslim fanaticism/protected
B.     He that is True (John 14:6)                                                                [from G.T. 3:10
C.     He that hath the Key of David [Symbol of power and authority of the king]
D.    He that opens and no man shuts-Power of Sovereign God
II. The Commendation of Christ to the Living Church (v.8)
A.    I know[perfect active ind.] thy works-deeds, actions
B.     Behold, I have set [perfect active ind] before thee an open door-opportunity to preach the Gospel
C.     Thou hast kept [aorist active ind.] My Word-kept: guarded, protected, preserved
D.    Thou hast not denied [aorist deponent] My Name-denied: repudiated, disowned
III. The Comfort of Christ to the Living Church (v.9,10)
A.    Behold I will make them of the synagogue of Satan…to come and worship before thy feet
B.     Because thou hast kept the Word of My patience, I will also keep thee from the hour of tempt’n/affliction
Keep: to watch over, guard, preserve- John 17:5-tnrew ek ‘to keep out of the sphere of tempt’n/trouble
IV. The Counsel of Christ to the Living Church (v.11)
A.    Behold, I come[present act dep.] quickly
B.     Hold that fast[aorist act impv.] which thou hast [present act. ind.] that no man take thy crown
 V. The Challenge of Christ to the Living Church (v.12)
    A.  To him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of My God
    B.  And he shall go no more out
    C.  And I will write upon him the name of My God
    D.  And I will write upon him My new name
VI. The Counsel of Christ to the Living Church (v.13)
A.    He that has an ear
B.     Let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches


Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org  I-85 Exit 35 SC   McPilot    Stop in, and please pray for our ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment