Monday, June 9, 2014

The Church in Thyatira (Revelation 2:18-29)



The Church in Thyatira
(Revelation 2:18-29)

I. The Lord Jesus Christ’s Characteristics (v.18)-Satan Intervening Person
   A. His Title: Son of God [Only time in Revelation]
   B. His Eyes as a Flame of Fire [Righteous Judge]
   C. His Feet like Fine Brass [Picture of Judgment-Holy One/Israel]
II. The Lord Jesus Christ’s Commendation (v.19)
A.    I know thy works [Energy Expended-Efforts-Ergos]
B.     I know thy charity [Mental Attitude]
C.     I know thy service [Ministry to others]
D.    I know thy faith [Faithfulness/Dependability]
E.     I know thy patience [Enduring under pressure]
III. The Lord Jesus Christ’s Condemnation (v.20) [Most Lengthy and Severe]
A.    Defilement:  Thou suffers that woman Jezebel [Wicked Usurping Baal Worshipping Murderess/Whore]
1.      Teach: To instruct, instill doctrine
2.      Seduce: Servants to commit fornication [Physical Defilement]  Deceive, beguile, lead astray
3.      Seduce: Servants to eat things offered to idols [Spiritual Defilement]
B.     Doctrine Devils False (v.20, 24)
C.     Depths of Satan (v.24)
IV. The Lord Jesus Christ’s Correction/Call (v.23)
A.    Gave her space to repent [Certain Season of Time]
B.     Behold, I will cast her into a bed [Warning of Dire Physical Consequences]
C.     I will kill her children w/death [Warning of Dire Spiritual Consequences]
D.    I will give everyone according to their works [Warning of Dire Eternal Consequences]
V. The Lord Jesus Christ’s Counsel (v.24-28)
A.    I will put none other burden upon you [No other heaviness, weight to carry]
B.     Hold fast till I come [Grasp, cling, cleave to the Truth/Christ] Near/Far Application
VI. The Lord Jesus Christ’s Christ’s Conclusion (v.29)
A.    He that overcomes and keeps My works unto the end [Reward=Millennium Blessings]
B.     He that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit saith/churches [Spirit speaks to those to whom it is given]

No comments:

Post a Comment